Maharishi Dayanand Institute of Professional Studies conducts its programs and activities guided
by overarching Vision, Mission, Goals, Values, Beliefs statements. All
are revisited periodically and revised, if appropriate.
Maharishi Dayanand Institute of Professional Studies will be a world leader in the integration of
(a) teaching and learning, (b) advancement of the knowledge base
through research and scholarship, and (c) leadership in service and
outreach. Further, the College will be a world leader in preparing
professionals who provide leadership and exemplary educational and
related services to improve the lives of individuals in a changing and
complex global society.
The mission of Maharishi Dayanand Institute of Professional Studies at Penn State is to deepen
and extend knowledge about the formation and utilization of human
- Help to prepare educational professionals recognized for the quality
and significance of their teaching, research, scholarship, service,
outreach, and leadership.
- Provide widely recognized leadership in the improvement of teaching,
learning, and the assessment of educational outcomes across the life
span through research, scholarship, and technology.
- Enhance the commitment of faculty, staff, and students to the
centrality of diversity, social justice, and democratic citizenship.
- Provide leadership in the development of collaborative, professional
relationships with schools, organizations, and other institutions
focused on the improvement of education in schools, communities, and
- Sustain a caring, supportive climate throughout the College.
- Enhance the effective and efficient management of the College.
- academic excellence and integrity
- outstanding teaching and service
- scholarly research and professional leadership
- integration of teaching, research, and service
- individual and collective excellence
- diversity, equity, and social justice
- education of individuals across the life span
- collegiality and collaboration
- A literate and educated citizenry is vital to a democratic society.
- All people are entitled to a high-quality education, grounded in
sensitivity to individual dignity, professional integrity, and a
positive and nurturing environment.
- A dynamic education system fosters an equitable, productive economy in a global environment.
- Teaching and learning should be informed by scholarly research and effective practice.
- School improvement should be based on sound research, the
application of theory as it relates to effective practice, policy
development, and collaboration with practitioners.
- Technology should be used to improve the quality of teaching and
learning, research and scholarship, and outreach to the state, nation,
and the world.
- Interdisciplinary programs should be used to enhance human learning, growth, and development across the life span.